Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Standing Desk

I've read all about standing desks. I like them. I'm never going to be a full-time stander though. I like to stand and work on days that I don't stand in front of a classroom all day. But, after 4 hours of teaching, I prefer to sit.

I'd seen this great Ikea hack a while back about a cheap standing desk. We went to ikea this weekend, so I decided to give it a try. I switched out some of the ingredients mentioned in the aforlinked article. I used $3 brackets and a $1.99 shelf. I also went with the black-brown look.

Lack side table - $9.99
Ekby Valter - 2 X $3.00
Ekby Laiva - $1.99

It was still under $20! Hopefully it will continue to work for me.





via Blogger http://blog.benmcmurry.com/2013/03/standing-desk.html

3 comments:

Merry said...

This is awesome. My husband has been using books to do this for a while, but I think we're stopping by Ikea today to get this more aesthetic solution.

Jay said...

Looks like switching from standing to sitting will take some major effort.

Jay said...

Looks like switching from standing to sitting will take some major effort.