Wednesday, August 20, 2014

10 Weeks without a tailbone

Well, I think that an update is way past due, but life is busy!

I can officially say that the pain I originally felt with my dislocated tailbone is gone. I don't feel pain in the incision site very often either.

There are two issues that I continue to deal with, but I still think the surgery was worth it. First, I have been sick at my stomach because of the broad spectrum antibiotics. Ten weeks with a disagreeable stomach isn't fun. I'm on my second round of medication to kill the bad bacteria that's growing so that the good bacteria can restore balance. Second, I've got a lot of sore muscles in my lower back and by bum. I think this is due in part to my increase in activity. I'm also being less careful to not use those muscles.

Overall, I'm happy with my recovery. I'm a little less optimistic that I can get on my bike on September 5th, but at least I will be able to ride a bike again!

Thanks for everyones prayers and wishes. I want to make it clear that I'm not complaining. I just want to make sure that when someone is presented with the choice to have a coccygectomy that they will have some account that might help them make a decision.

No comments: