Sunday, November 16, 2014

164 Days tailboneless

I was hoping I wouldn't post another update. Keep in mind, I'm doing this to help others who may go through a coccygectomy. I couldn't find a lot or information on the subject.

The healing process slowed down dramatically. It's hard to see improvement week to week or even month to month.

I did start riding my bike again. It was great. It causes little to no pain. However, about 3 weeks ago, I started having more pain and I stopped the bike riding. I didn't stop because the riding was causing problems, but because by the end of the day the pain was so bad that riding home become painful. I think that if i didn't sit all day, I might be able to ride to and from work with little pain.

Having said that, my standing desk arrived last week. Initial use is proving to be very beneficial. I go home with less pain that I used to.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the cold weather is having a negative effect, but we should see.

I'm hopeful for a full recovery, but it may take another 6 months.

No comments: